Monday 24 August 2009

I have certainly learned more about the financial dealings involved with running a football club, especially Pompey, than I learned in the previous three decades as a supporter. The consortium take over is scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully it will be in time to allow some transfers to be brought in. We must be getting to a situation where Pompey is approaching financial stability with less and less being owed to banks and agents, and less being paid out in huge wages.That must be a good thing surely? My concern is that we need transfers coming in now. Dindane is definitely on his way and so it seems is Hamann and M'Bami. I am hoping that Zaki, Gutierrez and Thomert will be confirmed before the Manchester City game this Sunday. I have my ticket already and although I don't expect City to be the pushovers they were last season at Fratton Park, I do hope Paul Hart attacks them with a more aggressive formation.
There are several young attacking midfielders I would like to see Paul Hart have on his list and that will form my next post.

1 comment:

  1. After a busy day in the transfer market for Pompey today, I look forward to reading your reactions. Will they be good enough?

    ReplyDelete